Aquidon

Virus in download?

Hi, I wanted to start playing the game for a while now, but Windows Defenders keeps detecting a malware (trojan) in the download called "Zpevdo.B" 

I do not know if this is a false positive or if it is actually infected. Does someone have any information about this ?

That's odd. I have not gotten this issue before but I am now. I ran as exception and re-downloaded and it works fine. 

Edited by Monkey D, Luffy

Yes, but now I am kind of worried. I dont want to have a trojan in my computer if it turns out to be infected.

47 minutes ago, Aquidon said:

Hi, I wanted to start playing the game for a while now, but Windows Defenders keeps detecting a malware (trojan) in the download called "Zpevdo.B" 

I do not know if this is a false positive or if it is actually infected. Does someone have any information about this ?

Where are you downloading this from?

It said the same thing for me but I also have Norton and Norton ran a check and said it was safe so I think its a problem with windows defenders 

19 hours ago, Dumke said:

Where are you downloading this from?

From the home website, in the download section. I clicked in "Begin your adventure" and then download. Isn't this the way to download it?

4 hours ago, Aquidon said:

From the home website, in the download section. I clicked in "Begin your adventure" and then download. Isn't this the way to download it?

no that is the way to download it, but we've had users download it from other locations. which always had issues.

We've been looking into this, and it appears to be solely an issue with Windows Defender and our setup packager, as it seems, just about everyone that uses the same software is having this issue.

https://github.com/xenko3d/xenko/issues/285
example of another developer having the same issue.

• Like 1