Guest Tempest

Introduction to Dragon Ball Online Universe Revelations

Guest Tempest

4.png

Hello Dragon Ball Online Universe Revelations Community.

First of all, on behalf of the team I would like to welcome everyone to Dragon Ball Online Universe Revelations.

The purpose of this thread, is to help explain to you all about Dragon Ball Online Universe Revelations as a project, how the merge came to be, and to hopefully answer any related questions you might have.

Dragon Ball Online Revelations

This was the original emulation/private server project that the community from dbocom decided to support/work upon. This project was lead by @Luke[Dumke], however throughout the life cycle of this project there were many setbacks that occurred due to unfortunate circumstances. Due to these unforeseen circumstances, it lead the project to be put on hiatus.

Dragon Ball Online New Universe

Fast forward to 2018, the birth of a new project Dragon Ball Online New Universe. This project was lead by @SanGawku, who was the main developer for the project (along with the help of others). This project gained traction through mainly the use of discord, in which there were members with talents discovered. Talents such as, modeling and animation, and being skilled in graphics design.

The Merge (Dragon Ball Online Universe Revelations)

As Dragon Ball Online Revelations had still a big following, although lost developers, it was decided that it would be beneficial for both projects to combine their strengths and make the ultimate and final Dragon Ball Online server. DBO R had many resources that DBO NU utilize, while DBO NU had the people to make use of those resources.

It was decided a merge would be the best course of action to take, as therefore years of work was not lost while still retaining a fresh new start for the community.

The goal of Dragon Ball Online Universe Revelations is still the same that DBO R and DBO NU, which is to create/replicate and bring back a functional Dragon Ball Online server for the community in which we as a community can experience once again. DBOUR aims to be the top Dragon Ball Online server with an active playerbase with also succeeding past the original game (by including additional content), which is more than the original Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong servers had to offer.

Thank you for the constant support that you all give all of us throughout this journey. It's certainly been a long one (for those that have been around since 2013), and hopefully you will join us for when we finally reach our destination.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to ask in this thread, or contact myself or another staff member over discord, as we would be happy to clarify any queries you may have.

Regards,

Tempest

DBOUR Staff

I don't have questions, but I'm just glad this merge ended up happening. It's probably for the best if we want to actually get to play DBO again.

Keep up the good work and I'm hyped to see what's coming in the future.

:hype:

Seriously, we need this as a reaction. @Luke[Dumke]get on it!

Edited by Tofu

ye like tofu said everyone is glad that the merger happened and that everyone will be able to play dbo again keep up the gud work guys

Been waiting since 2013 whats some more years :')  Do your best 💪

Oof DBOR finally got out of its slumber

DBOR sensed something weird and teleport into DBONU and started to do fusion dance :kappa:

At the end they become DBOUR

Everytime I get off-work I have to deal with the thought that there is no functional DBO private server to immerse myself into when I get home, unlike others this project keeps my faith up, so please don't let me down.

PS: I like these forums, props.

Edited by Ebon
PS
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ebon said:

PS: I like these forums, props.

Cheers, still working out the kinks however, so things might get a bit funky from time to time.

• Like 1