kaiboss

Dual client discussion. Should it be allowed or not?

should dual client be allowed   

8 members have voted

1. 1. should dual client be allowed

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

well i am here again so duel client lets get this thing moving should it be allowed or should it not this will have a poll i down for having duel client but only for 3 extra windows for my two buffs and denda it could be just 2 extra windows too because i just keep the denda here just in case but anyway duel client discussion i want to hear your take on it this is thread maker and idea cancer kai out 

ha.gif.f76a741f40192dfeaca93b773529e832.gif

dogde.gif.e1baa02a5cad5728a46400916c004059.gif

image.png.5ac7b7f62944337cd0fba6e8a54a7b7d.png

Well, Dual Client should not be allowed in DBONU, because using so many takes advantage of other players who don't use Dual client. I think we shouldn't support the dual.

Those who voted YES

image.png

But for some reason, your poll says "image.png". Seems like you bugged it somehow.

Either way, this is not a topic that is open for Discussion. Dual Clienting ruins every game it is ever allowed in, there is enough evidence to prove it.

Want a buffer? Ask for one, that's why the game is online and relies on forming alliances. Can't get one? Tough luck, the game is not meant to be that EASY.

Have Fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Tempest

No, players running dual/multiple clients should not be allowed, for the following reasons:

• It will make the game more accessible and actually assist players who run third party software (such as botting software) which will have a ton of negative implications (zeni sellers) being one of them.
  • The player base becomes more introverted, which impacts the overall activity of the server. Back in DBO TW/KR/HK (when you didn't have players who ran 100 clients at once) the game was overall more enjoyable. Buffers felt more useful and helpful, and same for other classes.
  • It risks for the population of the server to decrease. Due to the player base becoming more introverted, players just rely on themselves. This is a problem because there are some events such as dragon ball scramble, and dojo war which you need other people. Not to mention, if botters become a problem this also encourages people to quit.

You can see with those reasons listed above, that if we want DBO NU to be an overall healthy and active server, it's best for dual/multi clients to be disabled.

Don't believe me?

Go look at that failed DBO project that allows dual/multi clients to be run. There were countless threads being made as to why the community was unhappy with dual/multi clients, and hundreds of complaints made on a daily basis about issues that would arise. The leadership of that project was just outright filled with stupid buffoon's who didn't care about the community or the complaints.

DBO NU actually cares about the community/player base and the server, and that is why dual/multi clienting will be disabled. If you dislike it, please re-read my post again. Unfortunately there are too many negative consequences that come along with the decision of allowing players to dual/multi client.

Guest atidote

You can make all poll if you want, even if we consider the community, we take the choice without asking.

Multi client will not be allowed, the Tempest argument are exactly why.

Multi client should not be allowed if following ideas would be implemented:

• Account sharing bank
  • Account bound items such as CCBD/BIDS equipment.

This would only benefit for players to have different PvE and PvP characters on one account.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hagane said:

• Account sharing bank

This would only benefit for players to have different PvE and PvP characters on one account.

this

On 2/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, hagane said:

• Account sharing bank

You just closed the topic , ty. ^^ 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tempest said:
  • It will make the game more accessible and actually assist players who run third party software (such as botting software) which will have a ton of negative implications (zeni sellers) being one of them.
  • The player base becomes more introverted, which impacts the overall activity of the server. Back in DBO TW/KR/HK (when you didn't have players who ran 100 clients at once) the game was overall more enjoyable. Buffers felt more useful and helpful, and same for other classes.

Sure  it wasn't rampant then in retail, but it was still happening even though TW/HK didn't support it, and you can't effectively stop it either, i.e sandboxie, shade sandbox etc, the only real stop would be limit IP, but then, that'd be intrusive, and actually effect regular players.

I personally ran up-to three accounts (buffer, main, db slave), because it was the most effective way to play the game, so the point being, two step process

• Change the reasons why you'd want to multi-client
  • just disable the ability to launch multiple instances in the client

anything more will just impact players who just want to play the game with friends, or family.

• Like 1

Guest Tempest
10 hours ago, LordShaxx said:

Sure  it wasn't rampant then in retail, but it was still happening even though TW/HK didn't support it, and you can't effectively stop it either, i.e sandboxie, shade sandbox etc, the only real stop would be limit IP, but then, that'd be intrusive, and actually effect regular players.

I personally ran up-to three accounts (buffer, main, db slave), because it was the most effective way to play the game, so the point being, two step process

• Change the reasons why you'd want to multi-client
  • just disable the ability to launch multiple instances in the client

anything more will just impact players who just want to play the game with friends, or family. 

Of course, but that's not the topic of discussion here. The topic is should players be allowed to run multiple clients without the use of alternative methods. As your post stated, the ability to launch multiple instances in the client will indeed be disabled. Players should not be able to run multiple clients just by running the application/exe over again.

For example, an unstable and stupid project would allow players to do this:

gtcC1kr.jpg

The above image is an example of what not to do, as this person was just able to open up and run 20 clients freely without the use of any other application. DBO KR/TW/HK did not allow players to do this.

In the case of retail, you still did have less botters, and a more friendly/active community willing to still main buffing classes. The economy was also more stable and the player-base was overall content/satisfied with the state of the game with the game.

The DBO NU team will of course not put any opposing restrictions on players wanting to play DBO NU with their friends or family, so there is no need for concern.

I used multi client a lot and i'm against it only if some fuctions are changed or added, such as shared bank, account bound etc.

• Thanks 1

On 2019/2/26 at PM1點02分, Tempest said:

不,不允許運行雙/多客戶端的玩家,原因如下:

• 它將使遊戲更容易訪問,並實際上幫助運行第三方軟件(例如殭屍軟件)的玩家,這些軟件會產生大量負面影響(zeni sellers)就是其中之一。
  • 玩家群體變得更加內向,這會影響服務器的整體活動。回到DBO TW / KR / HK(當你沒有同時運行100個客戶的玩家時)遊戲整體上更加愉快。緩衝區感覺更有用,更有幫助,對其他類也一樣。
  • 服務器的數量減少會有風險。由於玩家群體變得更加內向,玩家只能依靠自己。這是一個問題,因為有一些事件,如龍球爭奪和道場戰爭,你需要其他人。更不用說,如果殭屍成為一個問題,這也鼓勵人們戒菸。

您可以看到上面列出的原因,如果我們希望DBO NU成為一個整體健康且活躍的服務器,那麼最好禁用雙/多客戶端。

不相信我?

去看看那個允許運行雙/多客戶端的失敗的DBO項目。關於為什麼社區對雙/多客戶不滿意,以及每天有數百起關於可能出現的問題的投訴,都有無數的線索。該項目的領導完全是由愚蠢的小丑組成,他們不關心社區或投訴。

DBO NU實際上關心社區/玩家群和服務器,這就是禁用雙/多客戶端的原因。如果你不喜歡它,請重新閱讀我的帖子。不幸的是,允許玩家進入雙/多客戶端的決定帶來了太多的負面後果。

That is your personal thoughts.

This game has a lot of experienced players.

They don't want to rely on others

Disable dual client This is forced interaction

This will reduce a lot of players

They won't come DBONU

15 hours ago, scz846scz846 said:

That is your personal thoughts.

This game has a lot of experienced players.

They don't want to rely on others

Disable dual client This is forced interaction

This will reduce a lot of players

They won't come DBONU

Having multi clients will make the game dead, Without it, we're a team to do dungeons and etc. It's better off with one client. Ofc, they will come to dborev_universe. 

8 hours ago, Beka said:

擁有多個客戶端會使遊戲死亡,沒有它,我們就是一個團隊來做地下城等等。一個客戶端會更好。Ofc,他們將來到DBONU。 

Not everyone can meet the requirements of teammates

Not every profession has a good treatment

Those unpopular occupations

Will be killed

No game is not going to die They all have a limited life

Force you to play with people you don't like

You happy??????

8 hours ago, Beka said:

擁有多個客戶端會使遊戲死亡,沒有它,我們就是一個團隊來做地下城等等。一個客戶端會更好。Ofc,他們將來到DBONU。 

I have 5 computers 

Can you stop me from opening 5 clients?

6 hours ago, scz846scz846 said:

Will be killed

You happy??????

I have 5 computers 

Smh , bro come on it is okay you will be able to use sandbox blablablabla and open a second client you can stay solo if you want but you should not be able to do tmq7 solo wirh your 5 accs it gives no sence xD . Real solo players don't use multiclient they focus on 1 chara ( + a buffer ) . Also you are in a MMORPG you need to learn the teamplay like bro you are not in Sword art online  you will not end game yourself come on xD , Multiclient gives more distvantages then real advantages ^^

• Like 1

Duel client should never be allowed and in DBOG I even suggested "Food Buffs" since this feature exist in many MMO's, that will be crafted with need of recipes and materials to be buffed to do some "hard" play, but still you won't be able to solo hard dungeons on your own, from BID's, TMQ7,UD6 and CCBD ofc.

This would limit the need of alt accounts and I am sure many would complain that this would "destroy" buffers, but hey, you play that class because you like it, you like to play it and no way that food buffs will be better, stronger than regular buffs from other buffers, just it will be good enough to keep you alive and strong to solo things on your own, mostly faster farming materials you might need ( upgrading, crafting and such).

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, scz846scz846 said:

Will be killed

You happy??????

I have 5 computers 

Well you know, if we spend some time looking for a way to prevent multi client, we don't care pretty much about who can still do multi-client... Let's say for example we've got far enough so the only way to have dual client is to use another pc with : proxy, vpn, sandboxie, (+ whatever you think might be used). Chances that someone has enough resources to have dual client are really low. Thus, let's say we got from 80% dual client chance to like 2-3%, it represents like 20/30 people over a thousand players.

Furthermore, the chances that all these players are connected at the same time are pretty low. Thus, dual client is almost impossible and then we can prevent lots of things. Some games did this (I'm thinking mainly about Dofus), where they allowed players to join a solo-client server only (or one where dual is allowed). Thus, even if some managed to bypass the system, it's not enough to ruin people's gameplay.

Anyway, this project is far from having the same budget as a successful MMORPG. Thus, even if we decided to disallow dual client, we might not have enough resources to develop such a great anti-dual system. So instead of working agains't dual clients, it's better to work agains't bots and other things that really ruins a server, which is much more affordable (time relatively speaking).

So, if you have 5 computers and want to open 10000 clients at the same time, just do so. The team here doesn't really wanna play hide and seek with you and try to seek out every player that has multi clients. They have better things to do, so I guess. 🙂

1 hour ago, Akaino said:

So, if you have 5 computers and want to open 10000 clients at the same time, just do so. The team here doesn't really wanna play hide and seek with you and try to seek out every player that has multi clients. They have better things to do, so I guess. 🙂

You do get that, dual client is reason why there is soo much bots in first place?

Preventing dual client will reduce bots by 80%-90%, since most of bots users, want to play the game soo unlike before, they can have 1 main account and bot while before they could have 5 or more bots per PC, if not more.

Well botting is terrible but I used to multiclient back when I was a kid with this game cause basically I hated the fact that I'd get one dragon ball per weekend and sometimes not get any for weeks. As soon as I db slaved dinos, instant tier 2 drops. I'm sorry but I'll probably just use my 10 years old workstation and my gaming laptop for dragon ball hunting now that I make enough money to do that. All of the private servers seem to be making the process of db hunting harder(some appear to be decreasing drop rates lower than retail like madlads) and the buff that super saiyan gives is worth the extreme drain.

Edited by CJGamerX