Scrancher

Various DBONU project questions

Hi guys.

I have some general questions about this project, which I hope will be answered with official facts. This is just my big curiosity at play, and I mean no offense or anything with any of my questions. I just have really high hopes for this project, and I am eager to find out some things, that I personally disliked about other DBO projects, as well as the retail versions.
I have read through a great many of the posts and threads on this forum, as well as the official discord, without getting the answers that I seek. I fully respect if any or all of my questions can't/won't be answered, but here's hoping!

Thanks in advance!

1. Is there a FAQ or such, where we can read about different DBONU goals, planned changes, upcoming retail or brand new implementations, class balancing and overall changes to this version from the retail versions as well as the other projects? Basically, a scope of where this version is headed leading up til release and in the future.

2. Is there an ETA or something like that, to when you guys plan on having this game in the final release? (minus future updates and content ofc). Just a rough estimation really, like within 1-2 years or something? 🙂

3. How will you go about the -- based on the copyright issues DBOG had/have -- copyright issues and such, from Bandai Namco and Co., etc?

4. Will there (or is there) a dedicated balance team, that will (with help from the community for example) balance all classes, overhaul them or so?

5. How exactly will you guys battle the P2W aspect of the game, whilst also having funds met to keep the servers up, as well as various other costs? Any details you guys can share on changes to the (up until now) heavy P2W aspect of this game overall?

6. Is it guaranteed, that if (when) successful, new content will be released down the line, for example such as higher level cap, more content, new maps, and perhaps even the teased Frieza race, etc?

7. Is it your plan to have the game fully translated into English (and perhaps even other languages as well) upon release, down the line, or not at all?

8. Will the good old Scouter Chips make a grand return, and will KR-exclusive stuff such as the PvP & PvE pet skills come back in this version?

9. Is it planned to keep this forum/hub as toxic-free as possible? Myself -- and I know for a fact many others too -- dislike the DBOG forum, due to an extremely high level of toxicity and flaming/bashing players that frequent there!

10. Can we safely assume (based on the great team and passion on this project), that it won't end up like a certain other version, where the passion, implementation of stuff and patches rolled out a lot to begin with, and then ended up becoming drier than the sands of Sahara?

11. Will you guys actually listen to the community, take in the great suggestions and stuff that go hand-in-hand with your own scope of this project, as well as actually communicating with the community, keeping them (us) informed, up-to-date etc?

12. Is the plan to (on release or after) to have stuff that didn't work proper, to be fully working and implemented in this game? Stuff like the never-released DWC thing, unused crafting materials, and a lot of other stuff?

13. Is it the plan to have all of the known (and perhaps lesser known) bugs fixed? Also, quality-of-life stuff such as a feature which makes you able to open up all your mail (with items) at once, a sell-all white items feature, disabling of the flying blur effect and the like, to have a shot at being implemented in this version at some point?

14. What is your plan to do with the upgrade system? A complete overhaul, just an RNG luck boost, or something else?

15. Will you guys accept personal suggestions? I have a rather big list of such suggestions and ideas, that I would love to post here for you 🙂

• Like 1

1)discord channel,but basically make a fair dbo without p2w aspect and no rng

2)no,but keep in minds devs do all this work from scratch in 6 mounth...they are skilled

3)cant get copyright issue because a law say that is legal make servers for dead mmorpgs

4)basically old kr players(like me)+some dev in team was make balance for other mmorpg+community

5)in cash shop ONLY COSMETIC...+we was think to totaally rework upgrade system(chek thread)

6)yes,but will need time,team share all progress in discord and forums,nothing is hidden

7)not only neglish but a lot of lenguages

8)YES

9)We got very good mods 😉

10)this team work for passion not for money

11)already do...devs even explain some tecnic things on discord...they are human not godlike or coocky

12)idk,but they will try it for sure,atm they work to make the serber stable

13)all bugs will be fixed dw

14)remove totally rng,see the other posts

15)just make a thread 😄

• Like 3

1. Is there a FAQ or such, where we can read about different DBONU goals, planned changes, upcoming retail or brand new implementations, class balancing and overall changes to this version from the retail versions as well as the other projects? Basically, a scope of where this version is headed leading up til release and in the future.

You can ask any questions in Discord Server or PM one of the moderators for any kind of questions depending on dborev_universe.

2. Is there an ETA or something like that, to when you guys plan on having this game in the final release? (minus future updates and content ofc). Just a rough estimation really, like within 1-2 years or something? 

No, but The developers have been working very hard for the last 6 months in DBONU project. However, It will get better once it comes out 100% better game. 

3. How will you go about the -- based on the copyright issues DBOG had/have -- copyright issues and such, from Bandai Namco and Co., etc?

DBOG has no copyright of it's own game. DBOG is an revived game, and do not own the game itself. I don't think it's had any copyright issues yet as I know of.

4. Will there (or is there) a dedicated balance team, that will (with help from the community for example) balance all classes, overhaul them or so?

Yes, There should be a good balance team once we fix the bugs ingame and help the community. KR players will most likely test some classes and make sure it's good and etc.

5. How exactly will you guys battle the P2W aspect of the game, whilst also having funds met to keep the servers up, as well as various other costs? Any details you guys can share on changes to the (up until now) heavy P2W aspect of this game overall?

DBONU will be Free to play, If i'm wrong, please correct me. It will be based on Token Shop - Token Shop Thread

Frieza Race is coming soon, as you can see in another thread you can read the topic & comments to see how you would like to see ingame. 

7. Is it your plan to have the game fully translated into English (and perhaps even other languages as well) upon release, down the line, or not at all?

It will be in English, but as well with other languages as the Translators are working on, most likely.

8. Will the good old Scouter Chips make a grand return, and will KR-exclusive stuff such as the PvP & PvE pet skills come back in this version?

Not that I know of, Hoping someone else has an answer for this.

9. Is it planned to keep this forum/hub as toxic-free as possible? Myself -- and I know for a fact many others too -- dislike the DBOG forum, due to an extremely high level of toxicity and flaming/bashing players that frequent there!

It should be planning to be nice community without any toxicness. 

10. Can we safely assume (based on the great team and passion on this project), that it won't end up like a certain other version, where the passion, implementation of stuff and patches rolled out a lot to begin with, and then ended up becoming drier than the sands of Sahara?

I do not know about this one, just yet.

11. Will you guys actually listen to the community, take in the great suggestions and stuff that go hand-in-hand with your own scope of this project, as well as actually communicating with the community, keeping them (us) informed, up-to-date etc?

Yes, We do listen to the community. We let everyone to keep up with the new updates and etc, ask any questions. 

12. Is the plan to (on release or after) to have stuff that didn't work proper, to be fully working and implemented in this game? Stuff like the never-released DWC thing, unused crafting materials, and a lot of other stuff?

DBONU will have new content, unlike DBOG can't. New races/items/dogis can be added(If i'm wrong, correct me). 

13. Is it the plan to have all of the known (and perhaps lesser known) bugs fixed? Also, quality-of-life stuff such as a feature which makes you able to open up all your mail (with items) at once, a sell-all white items feature, disabling of the flying blur effect and the like, to have a shot at being implemented in this version at some point?

It should be.. I hope.

14. What is your plan to do with the upgrade system? A complete overhaul, just an RNG luck boost, or something else?

Not that I know of, but @BlakViciouss already has mentioned that. 

15. Will you guys accept personal suggestions? I have a rather big list of such suggestions and ideas, that I would love to post here for you 

I don't mind answering any of those. Suggestions for DBONU will be great! I'd love to hear them!

DBONU Staff,

Beka

• Like 3

Thank you very much, both BlakViciouss and Beka, for taking your time to read through and answer all of my questions! I really appreciate it :-)
I was very pleased to hear the answers both of you gave me. I just simply can't wait for this version to be done, hehe.

I will create a new thread with my suggestions, and start up and play on the test server soon, to help with finding bugs and such.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Beka said:

DBOG has no copyright of it's own game. DBOG is an revived game, and do not own the game itself. I don't think it's had any copyright issues yet as I know of.

Not that I know of, Hoping someone else has an answer for this.

DBONU will have new content, unlike DBOG can't. New races/items/dogis can be added(If i'm wrong, correct me). 

Just appending to these questions,

3. DBOG has had roughly I believe at-least 6-7"run-ins" with Bandai Namco DE and JP (.com, .global domains, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, plus two DCMA requests) , but that's more the fact he has monetised his server, which if he didn't, he wouldn't have had these issues.

8. as of current, scouter chips would appear first, if they were to incrementally upgrade the game to latest

12. DBOG's new client, is suppose to allow them to use the same Tools as DBONU as they aren't exclusive to DBONU, they were included in the source uploaded to ragezone, but yes, they have adressed this in their Discord server, that they plan to add as much as the old content as possible aswell as add new stuff such as the teased Frieza Clan.

also sidenote; welcome big guy, nice to see you around here, haven't seen you since DBOCOM

• Like 1

Hi LordShaxx, and thank you for the additional answers/info, as well as the welcome 🙂
It's very good to be back in DBO. Yeah, DBOcom.com was a long time ago, hehe.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:15 AM, LordShaxx said:

12. DBOG's new client, is suppose to allow them to use the same Tools as DBONU as they aren't exclusive to DBONU, they were included in the source uploaded to ragezone, but yes, they have adressed this in their Discord server, that they plan to add as much as the old content as possible aswell as add new stuff such as the teased Frieza Clan.

Some of the same tools. A lot of the tools we have reworked for our specific causes, and we have made several of our own tools as well.
COEeO.png

For example, a Table editor for all the files in game, and several other tools we won't disclose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SanGawku said:

Some of the same tools. A lot of the tools we have reworked for our specific causes, and we have made several of our own tools as well.
COEeO.png

For example, a Table editor for all the files in game, and several other tools we won't disclose.

oh, very nice.

musclethink.png

Edited by LordShaxx
fuck boy google gave me a fake transparent image of big flex boi
  • Like 1