Shyruni

A Lesson in KR

Hey ya'll, hope you're doing well!  :classic_cool:

So I wanted to start a discussion for both the purposes of both helping others as well as myself.  As many of you are aware TW (Taiwan) was the main server that most of us have played on and is the server that DBOR and DBOG were based on.  While the different projects had their own takes and changes, it was still based around the same core meta, and concepts.  And as you may know, DBONU is instead using KR (Korea) as its server and while adding TW elements in, is going to be primarily based around KR's system.

To be honest, I really don't know ANYTHING about KR.  I know it was different and more "balanced", but I'm very unclear as to why and in what ways, and how the game overall played differently.  I am also guessing I am not the only one who is in the blank about this, as I've been running into people that didn't even know KR existed.  It seems to have been a much more unknown server compared to the far more utilized TW.

Therefore, I would like to ask those of you who either played KR or are well versed in its mechanics and gameplay if you could explain to us, those who aren't familiar with it, what the key differences between it and TW were as well as just how people played the game in general.  I'm aware DBONU will have its own balancing and its own changes, but understanding the core gameplay will help understand what to expect as well as what improvements could be made, what could be added, and just understand more about DBO's origins as a whole.  I feel like this discussion has a lot of benefit to it, and so I pass off the question to you all.  Thanks! 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Shyruni said:

Hey ya'll, hope you're doing well!  :classic_cool:

So I wanted to start a discussion for both the purposes of both helping others as well as myself.  As many of you are aware TW (Taiwan) was the main server that most of us have played on and is the server that DBOR and DBOG were based on.  While the different projects had their own takes and changes, it was still based around the same core meta, and concepts.  And as you may know, DBONU is instead using KR (Korea) as its server and while adding TW elements in, is going to be primarily based around KR's system.

To be honest, I really don't know ANYTHING about KR.  I know it was different and more "balanced", but I'm very unclear as to why and in what ways, and how the game overall played differently.  I am also guessing I am not the only one who is in the blank about this, as I've been running into people that didn't even know KR existed.  It seems to have been a much more unknown server compared to the far more utilized TW.

Therefore, I would like to ask those of you who either played KR or are well versed in its mechanics and gameplay if you could explain to us, those who aren't familiar with it, what the key differences between it and TW were as well as just how people played the game in general.  I'm aware DBONU will have its own balancing and its own changes, but understanding the core gameplay will help understand what to expect as well as what improvements could be made, what could be added, and just understand more about DBO's origins as a whole.  I feel like this discussion has a lot of benefit to it, and so I pass off the question to you all.  Thanks! 

It's basically the same. You dont need nothing to worry about  👍

6 hours ago, Srdjan said:

It's basically the same. You dont need nothing to worry about  👍

its totally different kr than tw...

is like compare chocolate to shit...both are brown,can look kinda same,but one is way more good than other 😉

Do you mind elaborating a bit on the differences, Blak?  I don't mean to pry too much, but as someone who isn't familiar simply saying "it's different" doesn't really explain everything.

5 hours ago, BlakViciouss said:

its totally different kr than tw...

is like compare chocolate to shit...both are brown,can look kinda same,but one is way more good than other 😉

A better comparison would be as you have two bicycles, you know how to drive them, but only difference is they are made from different manufacturer.

They are very different games.

First, Fundamental changes:

- The KR client can be edited much easier than the TW client. 

- Core functions are different, naming of multiple files can be confused between one another.

- TW has much more MATERIAL in it (At least KR can have that material added to it 👌)

- I believe last big KR change happened during 2005 (Somewhere between that and 2007 I remember), while TW had its last big change in 2010.

Second, and mainly answering your question, practical  changes:

- KR was quite a bit more balanced because :

• Statistics like Soul and Strength had some actual use to them.
  • Specializing in 1 stat still didn't give much advantage so multiple classes had more than ONE thing going into them.
  • One-shot was a ton harder with Scouter Chips and proper crit values that didn't rip an entire health bar.
  • Damage was significantly less than TW's damage, DMG %s were lower than those in TW and the Crit Success wasn't as prevalent.
  • I could go on to be honest, but I won't to make this more useful.

- TW had very strong items that made games go much quicker and generally decrease the difficulty of the game. Giant %s on items that shouldn't get that much effect.

- Damage Formula is different 

- Fighters were much differently balanced, as well as Cranes, SKs, and DWs. I prefer KR Fighter, Cranes, and SK, but TW did a slight better job at dealing with DW issues (every other class was so much stronger though, so it has its drawbacks)

In the end, both are DBO, so yeah.

This is just some insight, if we were to talk about how they are actually different in every aspect, this will take forever.

Hope this was helpful.

Have Fun,

B4D4SS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

all meta different,gears was have predeterminated stats and box wasnt exist,legendary tmq armour was given as reward at the end of tmq if lucky,all classes was have specific role(SK was a TANK not a DPS),overall stats all lower,upgrade system way better no U stones only pure and normal,cd% not random number,ssj level 50,shenron gear very good,was possible to craft upgrade stones by doing UD and get materials,mudasa gear best endgame gear(mixed with tmq),+attack was one of best stats for dps,fighter was have bleed on needle,sm was have highest single target dmg in game,majin spin was 6 sec cooldown with RP,scouter chips,build was need certain amount of sp for get next skill(example 3 points on tunnel slash for get kamehameha),passive was different,no masterclass bonus,equip wasnt have crazy stats,best MA ingame gloves was +5 p crit +5 str and +30 p attack

etc etc 

ask more in detail and i explain better or more in deep

• Like 3

19 hours ago, B4D4SS said:

I believe last big KR change happened during 2005 (Somewhere between that and 2007 I remember), while TW had its last big change in 2010.

Kr Open Beta was released in 2009, in 2011 TW released it's Open Beta. In 2013 kr closed his server and then tw.

edit> Also, to level up it required alot of exp. To level up from 49  to 50, required 1kk or something.
The amount of exp needed to level up was changed when lv 60 update came in-game.

• Like 2

By "big change" I mean a fundamental change to the entire process of development. @DohkoYes, both games closed in 2013, but their big changes happened before their game released.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dohko said:

Kr Open Beta was released in 2009, in 2011 TW released it's Open Beta. In 2013 kr closed his server and then tw.

edit> Also, to level up it required alot of exp. To level up from 49  to 50, required 1kk or something.
The amount of exp needed to level up was changed when lv 60 update came in-game.

TW had the same thing. When you leveled 50-51 faster than 49-50 😄

Edited by Srdjan
  • Like 1

Also, in lv 55 cap the quests npc gave wasn't enough to level up. Then you should buy these repeatable quests to level up xD

image.png

15 minutes ago, Srdjan said:

TW had the same thing. When you leveled 50-51 faster than 49-50 😄

When TW was released, it already came with the kr big update. Before this bug update, to level up it required alot of exp. 

• Like 1

Damn mb. It was ~44-45 on tw when you needed almost double exp for lvl up than previous level.

@Shyruni gameplay wise, you dont need nothing to worry about it. If you played tw client, you will have no problem on kr like client.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:03 PM, BlakViciouss said:

build was need certain amount of sp for get next skill(example 3 points on tunnel slash for get kamehameha)

This was stupid af. You needed to waste alot of sp in order to get key skill(s).

On 2/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, B4D4SS said:

They are very different games.

First, Fundamental changes:

- The KR client can be edited much easier than the TW client. 

- Core functions are different, naming of multiple files can be confused between one another.

- TW has much more MATERIAL in it (At least KR can have that material added to it 👌)

- I believe last big KR change happened during 2005 (Somewhere between that and 2007 I remember), while TW had its last big change in 2010.

Second, and mainly answering your question, practical  changes:

- KR was quite a bit more balanced because :

• Statistics like Soul and Strength had some actual use to them.
  • Specializing in 1 stat still didn't give much advantage so multiple classes had more than ONE thing going into them.
  • One-shot was a ton harder with Scouter Chips and proper crit values that didn't rip an entire health bar.
  • Damage was significantly less than TW's damage, DMG %s were lower than those in TW and the Crit Success wasn't as prevalent.
  • I could go on to be honest, but I won't to make this more useful.

- TW had very strong items that made games go much quicker and generally decrease the difficulty of the game. Giant %s on items that shouldn't get that much effect.

- Damage Formula is different 

- Fighters were much differently balanced, as well as Cranes, SKs, and DWs. I prefer KR Fighter, Cranes, and SK, but TW did a slight better job at dealing with DW issues (every other class was so much stronger though, so it has its drawbacks)

In the end, both are DBO, so yeah.

This is just some insight, if we were to talk about how they are actually different in every aspect, this will take forever.

Hope this was helpful.

Have Fun,

B4D4SS

KR started development in 2005, so effectively yes that is a big change, but realistically the first big change was 2008 with the announcement of the game, and 2009 with it's closed beta.

Now if we're talking  content changes, we have;

Flying Update
UI overhaul
Mushroom Rocks South
Porunga Rocks South
Papaya Island
Scouter Update KR
Scouter Update v2
Pet Update
Pet Update v2
Pet Update v3
Capsule Corp. Battle Dungeon, Floors 1-71, 72-120, then 121-150.

KR/TW at latest patch both have these, except Pet Update V3 and Scouter Update V2 as of roughly February 26th 2013
i.e, KR being the Home server, always had more content than TW.

But the difference between 2009 KR and TW 2013? well TW didn't even have it's beta until May 12th 2011, and opening to the public on June 15th, 2011, so trying to compare content between latest TW and oldest KR, is honestly, silly.

But TW 2011 vs 2009 KR? that's different ball game.

• Like 2

as much i would like to argue which is better i never played kr so i could only state facts about tw and hk

Edited by kaiboss

4 hours ago, Srdjan said:

Damn mb. It was ~44-45 on tw when you needed almost double exp for lvl up than previous level.

@Shyruni gameplay wise, you dont need nothing to worry about it. If you played tw client, you will have no problem on kr like client.

This was stupid af. You needed to waste alot of sp in order to get key skill(s).

not at all,was make build harder and more personalized tbh

• Like 1