kaiboss

TIMEZONES

so i been thinking about time zones and how it can affect the community when it comes to events and other (other is budokai don't really consider that an event just an in game tournament which it is) and we want everyone to have there chance to get in on the events and budokai to have their fun and get their chance to win a tital so i was thinking to have should have them two times on that pacific day you wanted it to be (and i just realize about scramble too hmmm) like for e.g scramble on monday at 6 am - 10am and then later in the evening or night 6pm - 10 pm like that twice on that same day or like budokai saturday 8 am to 10 am to apply for it then it happens and the later in the evening or night 6pm -8 pm to apply then enter then play ya know give people the chance that they couldn't get and yes ik that people that do the morning or night one will want to do the second on for some reason like another chance or they have nothing better to do lol but at least the other people with different time zones will get a chance to do it  and it will be kinda fair i hope you get my idea on it and think about it ya know this is kaiboss the man with the ideas and sh*t see you at whatever i think about next.

dogde.gif.e1baa02a5cad5728a46400916c004059.gif

ha.gif.f76a741f40192dfeaca93b773529e832.gif

Guest atidote

Timezone will be manage on the server host timezone i supposed.

As its planned if possible to host it on different country with separated character database we could plan event on different timezone.

13 minutes ago, atidote said:

Timezone will be manage on the server host timezone i supposed.

As its planned if possible to host it on different country with separated character database we could plan event on different timezone.

i understand but even with that some people in other places won't be able to either by the time or just don't feel like it but its mostly the time zones that why i'm saying that you could have it twice on that day on the events or budokai or scramble it makes it seem more fair in my opinion it seem like a better option than can't doing it at all or paying people to do certain events for you because you can't make it

Guest atidote

You could have it twice on different character.
Kaiboss character on Canadian server don't exist on Europe server.

But we can't make everyone happy, there is still someone who could not play the event at 'this' moment.

24 minutes ago, atidote said:

You could have it twice on different character.
Kaiboss character on Canadian server don't exist on Europe server.

But we can't make everyone happy, there is still someone who could not play the event at 'this' moment.

i understand that you can't make everyone happy but you have try and get most people or the people that you can get to be happy with the game and give them a chance to try and get somethings done like i said its a better chance to have more fun ya know

13 hours ago, kaiboss said:

Off-topic, but do you really have to post those gif's every time you make a new thread? It's really annoying even more annoying than your lack of paragraph spacing.

now On-topic, if you're going to plan to use a specific timezone, you should at-least poll, and try to get a significant number of votes, roughly at-least half your expected player base, but for sizeable number preferably 1k+, with trying to have at-least three-four different timezone, i.e Vancouver, London, New York and somewhere in South East Asia, then from the data, you can choose an intersect, and based on the highest density, you favour the intersect of that country.

example included,  the south-east Asia, location in the example is in the Philippines.

timezones.png

• Like 2

It will never be possible to satisfy every player's preferred schedule, logically as LordShaxx said it should be defined by the times the server has the highest player traffic.

Usually:
GMT-5 (North America/South America)
GMT+1 (Europe/Africa)
GMT+7 (Asia)

Best bet is aim for the servers busiest hours and hope players can make it.

Edited by Ebon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LordShaxx said:

Off-topic, but do you really have to post those gif's every time you make a new thread? It's really annoying even more annoying than your lack of paragraph spacing.

lmao come on man it just for fun lol if it annoys you well thats your problem lol doesn't affect anyone 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ebon said:

It will never be possible to satisfy every player's preferred schedule, logically as LordShaxx said it should be defined by the times the server has the highest player traffic.

Usually:
GMT-5 (North America/South America)
GMT+1 (Europe/Africa)
GMT+7 (Asia)

Repeating the same event twice a day can be a little overwhelming whatsoever, best bet is aim for the servers busiest hours and hope players can make it.

i know what you are going with but i'm saying they are other places like the caribbean and other places that play this game and times zones are the problem that they couldn't do some thing i understand it maybe a little overwhelming to have it twice a day but it would be a great chance to let some players play the events and others that they wanted to play

• Like 2

i think some weekend time based even that need interactive(like do dunegons with gm,fight gm,hide n seek,race) will be hosted at some specific time more than 1 time and more than 1 person to make that all can partecipate.

BUT i think some event like dragon ball hunt,or christmas event,new year event,should be on 24/24.

thats my opinion

8 hours ago, BlakViciouss said:

i think some weekend time based even that need interactive(like do dunegons with gm,fight gm,hide n seek,race) will be hosted at some specific time more than 1 time and more than 1 person to make that all can partecipate.

BUT i think some event like dragon ball hunt,or christmas event,new year event,should be on 24/24.

thats my opinion

Holiday events permanent?

I think the dragonball hunt, should be 12 hours a day, minimum.

Guest Tempest

As previously mentioned in this thread, the main problem with DBO events such as budokai, and scramble, is it's hard to keep everyone satisfied. Different people live in different timezones, and also everyone has different commitments (work, studies etc) so in the end there is no "ideal" time zone, as there will always be some players who will miss out.

With that being said, I do think it's very important to see the timezone the community is happy with. If there is anything I've learned, the community and the player-base opinion is the most important and should be the most valued. I'm sure there will be a timezone selected so that the majority are content with.

And I agree, Dragon Ball Hunt should be be operating frequently, at least as often as KR/TW/HK.

7 hours ago, LordShaxx said:

Holiday events permanent?

I think the dragonball hunt, should be 12 hours a day, minimum.

I'm pretty sure @BlakViciouss was referring to special events running 24/7 during the event period. For example, in DBO KR/TW/HK when there was a special event running, it would run 24/7 until the holiday season was over. (For example the christmas event would run during the start of december until new year).

5 hours ago, Tempest said:

I'm pretty sure @BlakViciouss was referring to special events running 24/7 during the event period. For example, in DBO KR/TW/HK when there was a special event running, it would run 24/7 until the holiday season was over. (For example the christmas event would run during the start of december until new year).

Oh that much is a given, You'd be stupid to have a seasonal event not even cover the entire holiday.

8 hours ago, Tempest said:

As previously mentioned in this thread, the main problem with DBO events such as budokai, and scramble, is it's hard to keep everyone satisfied. Different people live in different timezones, and also everyone has different commitments (work, studies etc) so in the end there is no "ideal" time zone, as there will always be some players who will miss out.

With that being said, I do think it's very important to see the timezone the community is happy with. If there is anything I've learned, the community and the player-base opinion is the most important and should be the most valued. I'm sure there will be a timezone selected so that the majority are content with.

And I agree, Dragon Ball Hunt should be be operating frequently, at least as often as KR/TW/HK.

yes exactly,like christmas event,or summer event,will be stupid to have only certain time the drops of events.

also for scramble I LIKE korean mode,every 8 hours (or 6 hours i dont remember,much time passed) after the wish get made.

and for budokai,i think that should be 2 for weeks,1 in night time and 1 in day time during weekend.This way all can take part of it.

for dragon ball hunt i guess,like korean(yeah im a big kr fan) weekend and during some vacation time(like 25 december,1 january etc...)
those are just mine opinion tho(and i think like a player) 

8 hours ago, BlakViciouss said:

yes exactly,like christmas event,or summer event,will be stupid to have only certain time the drops of events.

also for scramble I LIKE korean mode,every 8 hours (or 6 hours i dont remember,much time passed) after the wish get made.

and for budokai,i think that should be 2 for weeks,1 in night time and 1 in day time during weekend.This way all can take part of it.

for dragon ball hunt i guess,like korean(yeah im a big kr fan) weekend and during some vacation time(like 25 december,1 january etc...)
those are just mine opinion tho(and i think like a player) 

Korean was more community focused, can see how you can be a "big kr fan"

Events should be always on, personally, ideally having events going on while others are on "cooldown" much like how dragon scramble used to be straight after dojo battle

obviously budokai and dojo will have to be excluded as they are title that are held, and should be exempt from the all day events, it would be possible to have the kids budokai several times, with adult being the prestiged version, being twice a week minimum, could easily split the party and solo up aswell, have those at different times to spread out the content.

BOSS should hugely more frequent than it was, and have more than just the two BOSS type.

DBO's critical issue was there was nothing to do at max level, sure you could do TMQ, BiD, or CCBD but those are serious time investments more so the CCBD than the other two, and are pretty limited in interest being PVE.

example taken from GW2's event "Train", modified to suit DBO

event.png

• Like 2

Guest atidote

'Always on' is a really bad idea cause its lost all sense of 'Event'.
I assume it as to be running for some day to let as much player as possible enjoy it.

But 'Always on' is not something that will happening.

1 hour ago, atidote said:

I assume it as to be running for some day to let as much player as possible enjoy it.

not really it kinda doesn't tho

• Like 1

The simplest solution would be creating multiple servers for the different Timezone gaps. A server for the Americas, another for Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, and a last one for Asia (It would also be very helpful if the servers were actually located there to reduce lag; however, this isn't necessary). Each server holds a kind of clock to tell the players when the events will be held. All servers can hold events at a standard time on their clocks, which will correspond to the time the servers are designed for. SO, if an event is held at 3pm Sunday, one server will hold it at 3pm GMT -6 for the Americas, the other will hold it at 3pm GMT for Europe and others, and the last will hold it at 3pm GMT +6 for Asia. This makes it possible to attend multiple events for those who have the time, if they so desire. Unless they are more significant events that you can only allow each player to participate once a week for, there shouldn't be a problem with this system.

For a tournament like Budokai, you can give each person a kind of token (untradable) that they can use. It will be provided once a week and you can grab one of them once all the Budokais are held (and stay accessible throughout the week until the next Budokai). Each player can get only 1 token per week. This will give every user the opportunity to participate in 1 Budokai per week. For those who get a token but do not have the time to attend a Budokai for a certain week, they can simply hold on to the token so that the next week, they get to participate in a Budokai. Maximum capacity that a player can hold must be 1 token, so that it would prevent players from stacking tokens and attending multiple Budokais on multiple different weeks. Same goes for other events that can only be held once.

Have fun and kind regards

Edited by AllForOne

1 hour ago, AllForOne said:

The simplest solution would be creating multiple servers for the different Timezone gaps. A server for the Americas, another for Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, and a last one for Asia (It would also be very helpful if the servers were actually located there to reduce lag; however, this isn't necessary). Each server holds a kind of clock to tell the players when the events will be held. All servers can hold events at a standard time on their clocks, which will correspond to the time the servers are designed for. SO, if an event is held at 3pm Sunday, one server will hold it at 3pm GMT -6 for the Americas, the other will hold it at 3pm GMT for Europe and others, and the last will hold it at 3pm GMT +6 for Asia. This makes it possible to attend multiple events for those who have the time, if they so desire. Unless they are more significant events that you can only allow each player to participate once a week for, there shouldn't be a problem with this system.

For a tournament like Budokai, you can give each person a kind of token (untradable) that they can use. It will be provided once a week and you can grab one of them once all the Budokais are held (and stay accessible throughout the week until the next Budokai). Each player can get only 1 token per week. This will give every user the opportunity to participate in 1 Budokai per week. For those who get a token but do not have the time to attend a Budokai for a certain week, they can simply hold on to the token so that the next week, they get to participate in a Budokai. Maximum capacity that a player can hold must be 1 token, so that it would prevent players from stacking tokens and attending multiple Budokais on multiple different weeks. Same goes for other events that can only be held once.

Have fun and kind regards

That would imply you would be able to capably fill all five servers, if you are going to host it, 5 different locations, but not having in different locations and just having the channels be different time zones could work, but then again, that just raises more issues, as it adds more effective Budokai's a week, and most people in the higher levels of play like the exclusivity of the titles/auras, not to say that everyone shouldn't get a go, just adding more per day because of timezone is a 50/50 solution

The Token idea is fine, but as it's a reigning title type deal, the person who got first last Budokai, will want to try for first again, and if it's on multiple times a week, I'd think it's fairly rude to lock them out of that side competition, as Budokai is no doubt the highlight of the end game.

• Like 1

As of now I think players should try to bend their schedules a bit to attend to the events, If we host the events at least twice a day it'll most likely allow busy players to partake in at least 1 of them, and I dont see any issues with having players with flexible schedules to attend to both.

I believe they are working under a low budget, if so it'd be best to think of an affordable solution to start out. Perhaps when the playerbase grows and there's a constant cashflow they can brainstorm about a more player-friendly solution.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, atidote said:

Agreed. It's not a event anymore... Unless it is weekly event when you need to collect xy items in tmq/ud for example and exchange them for a reward at event manager.
DB hunt shouldnt last entire day, it wouldnt be 'hunt' anymore. It should last 'x' hours per day and 'y' times per week.

19 hours ago, LordShaxx said:

That would imply you would be able to capably fill all five servers, if you are going to host it, 5 different locations, but not having in different locations and just having the channels be different time zones could work, but then again, that just raises more issues, as it adds more effective Budokai's a week, and most people in the higher levels of play like the exclusivity of the titles/auras, not to say that everyone shouldn't get a go, just adding more per day because of timezone is a 50/50 solution

The Token idea is fine, but as it's a reigning title type deal, the person who got first last Budokai, will want to try for first again, and if it's on multiple times a week, I'd think it's fairly rude to lock them out of that side competition, as Budokai is no doubt the highlight of the end game.

I was suggesting only 3 server, not 5. One of the servers will hold 3 different places in the world because they simply come VERY close in time, the entirety of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East are around a total of 3-4 hours apart at the maximum, so grouping them in one server seems logical. 

Budokais are held once a week, so it correct that they get 1 token a week. That means they get to participate in THE budokai of their server. This will prevent players from participating in 2 Budokais on the same day, which is completely logical. The title they need to defend is there for them to defend once a week, not 3 times per day.