Bifteki

DBO TW veteran - Just discovered DBOUR - Questions

Hey all,

I used to play a lot on the TW server of DBO maaaaany years back (must be almost a decade now, gosh), and I stumbled upon DBOUR a few minutes ago.

Have some really fond memories from that time, so massive thank you to the team here for keeping DBO alive, and for all the hours I imagine you have put in this. Very excited to listen to the OST and play a bit, the nostalgia rush will be intense! And emotional 😢

I have the following questions:

1) I have spotted various posts around bugs, freezes, crashes etc. Is there any maintained documentation on game breaking bugs, or a sticky post of some sort that I and the community should be aware of? I have read the common problems in the support page (e.g. lack of Visual C++ and DirectX DLLs etc.), but aside from that, am I good to just download the client and get playing?

2) Overall how does it compare to the official server back in the day in terms of playability (with regards to crashes etc.)?

3) Not exactly sure if there's a cash shop supported, but am I able to donate to an email address via PayPal? Not really interested in getting any in-game item/zeni, only wanted to contribute to keeping the project alive and show some appreciation. I have a massive soft spot for anything DBO related!

4) Has the English patch of Citrinate (from dbocom) been further developed? What's the translation stage of the game?

Thanks a lot! (Sorry if some of these are already answered, made sure to check around before posting but might have missed some)

• Like 1

1) Its hit and miss, because bugs are always been fixed and some introduced(Thus is the life of the developer) 

2) Its pretty playable, there is some stuff missing as this is based on KR more than TW, and anything we add is techincally backporting. But we are also adding new systems that were not in KR/TW such as the image training and transmogrification. 

3) Yes there is to both of those. 99% of items in the shop are cosmetic but you can also just donate for the sake of donating on the forums. from the donate tab, or you can sub to the patreon. 

4) It has been developed further but the quests still have quite a bit to go. 

Glad you stumbled upon us and welcome. 

We are most active in teh discord as well. I am on stream quite a bit showing off new features in development. 

7 hours ago, SanGawku said:

1) Its hit and miss, because bugs are always been fixed and some introduced(Thus is the life of the developer) 

2) Its pretty playable, there is some stuff missing as this is based on KR more than TW, and anything we add is techincally backporting. But we are also adding new systems that were not in KR/TW such as the image training and transmogrification. 

3) Yes there is to both of those. 99% of items in the shop are cosmetic but you can also just donate for the sake of donating on the forums. from the donate tab, or you can sub to the patreon. 

4) It has been developed further but the quests still have quite a bit to go. 

Glad you stumbled upon us and welcome. 

We are most active in teh discord as well. I am on stream quite a bit showing off new features in development. 

Thanks for your message man.

1) Makes sense

2) Also clear

3) Cool idea on the cosmetics side, wouldn't mind getting some dogis - Do I purchase in-game via PayPal or something?

4) Awesome to hear

Sounds great - glad as well 😀

• Like 1