gojonoku

patching failed

Issue: Patching the game does not work, it'll always say patching has failed when trying to run the launcher.

I have re-installed the game completely from scratch by removing all files of the old version and downloaded the game from the site itself twice. It just doesn't work for me and I don't know why. I have done all the suggested steps to do on the topic of dumke to remove the possiblity of having an error and nothing changed.

OXXAO4H.png

Edited by gojonoku

Well, You need to for 1. Make sure you have the client.exe in your game folder still. Also this problem is usually because your anti- virus is blocking the installation. So make sure you completely allow the client.exe and the launcher through the antivirus then try

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MightyFighter said:

Well, You need to for 1. Make sure you have the client.exe in your game folder still. Also this problem is usually because your anti- virus is blocking the installation. So make sure you completely allow the client.exe and the launcher through the antivirus then try

ty it finally worked for me

That's what I've done, allowing the app in antivirus even taking down antivirus still doesn't change a thing for me; I've tried to shut down everything before opening the launcher now (antivirus, firewall, account and app defender) and I still get the same issue.

Edited by gojonoku

I have the same problem. Ive turned off my real-time protection, restored the program and everything. It doesnt seem to stop failing though.

You need to add it to your acceptions list. I don't think turning it off unless you completely disable it will work

Edited by MightyFighter

I had to run the launcher while having windows defender open, seems to be 3 files seperately that are being blocked and then had to allow defender to run it. I can enter the game now but for some reason my fps is just really low. Before this update I had around 80-100 fps and now I keep on getting 20-30 fps even running on low detail and getting 1-2 fps when i equip or deconstruct anything.

So the issue of the patching and being able to run the game is kinda fixed but the fps problem is just obnoxiously timeconsuming as I don't know what's the cause of it.

Same here. The launcher is downloading the full file but aborts within the first two seconds of patching. If my virus scanner were responsible then it wouldnt let the launcher download the file in the first place.

I disabled my virus scanner.

I started the launcher as admin.

I downloaded the game for the first time today (why isnt THAT the newest version?)

No change in the problem.

Right now Im downloading the suggested client found at the end of the current patch notes. Will report once the download is complete.

Update:

Download complete, patching successfull, game crashed within seconds. Started again, update found, update successful, game crashed within seconds. I give up.

Edited by Zasz